Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Compter idiot!!!!!

Sorry, I am so completely lame. I forgot how to get on my blog, and Jami had to help me get started again. To catch up, it would take several pages and at least one psychiatrist. Now that I am back up and running, I will try and keep up. I am in the middle of a full blown meltdown. I have so much going on, that I am starting to get overwhelmed. The more things I try and do, the more I think that I am failing. Why do we do things like that to ourselves. We are capable, fabulous, crazy women. Why do we sabotage ourselves with all this negative crap in our heads. It's not like there aren't women in this world that are facing the most horrifying things imaginable. One of my patients this week was a woman from the Congo. Her daughter immigrated here and was finally able to bring her mom here to Toole. She has heart problems, and we had to place a device in her. She only speaks French, and I am thinking my problems are so bad, and she is a 62 year old women, in a foreign land, doesn't speak the language, just escaped from a war zone, and has heart problems. How spoiled am I? I think God was hitting me over the head with a pity bat, and saying, "Stop whining and get to work." I just need to get perspective on what is important and what is extra weight in my life backpack. So what if my house is not clean enough, I don't think I am going to get graded on my baseboards dust level. So, if you are feeling as completely over your head as I am, give yourself a break. Laugh hysterically and know that you are not alone.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love you Dana!! I totally needed to hear that and I think you are doing a great job!!!

Kristine Robinson said...

Dana, you are so incredibly wonderful. I absolutely love you, love you, love you! You totally rock at everytihng I see you do! And I promise I am not a cyber stalker. I think I pulled your blog off of Jami's. Okay, maybe I am a cyber stalker!! But we all need a vice, right?

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I'm a big believer in laughing when things get rough....it's way better than crying, which is usually my alternative.

Casey said...

I am so glad to see you up and running again with your blog, fun to read! I agree with Char, laughter is the best alternative!! Just call her and she will make you laugh for sure!

Wendy said...

Feel better...we all can relate! :)

Good Buy Consignment said...

Wow - it's a reality check for me just reading about that story!