Friday, June 5, 2009

So, I am still completely lame. I can't keep up. But the good news is the temple celebration thing is over. It was wonderful to see the kids perform, but I am afraid most of the magic was over by the time it was done. Yes, it was a once in a lifetime thing, and I will probably never get to do something of this nature again, but how many times are we letting everyday things go by like they are not special in our lives. Are we letting the moments that can create memories with our husbands, kids and friends slip through our lives and not even pay attention. These are once in a lifetime things too. Are we only noticeing the big things and the small ones are lost? I felt like I was losing touch with my kids and I lost time I could have been spending with my son before he graduated. Grab hold, because big or small, time flies.

4 comments:

White Elephant said...

Some very good points. I hope you are getting some rest now that the celebration thing is done!

Keelee said...

You are a doll... I freaken Love ya!

Kristine Robinson said...

I got a little ornery about all the practices and such - and I wasn't even in it, just my kid! On her behalf, thank you so much for all your work to make this a good experience for our kids. It's people like you that touch my life forever.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I have to admit, I'm a little relieved I got out of YW before all this temple stuff went down.